ThanksGiving - A poem


I am thankful for a little too many things in my life —
Because I am not alone
Because I have a pie in the sky!

Because there is love & honour
Because there are laughs & tears!

Because I snuggle at night
in the warm moonlight sight!

Because my clothes fit a little too tight
Which means I have a healthy appetite!

Because I pay taxes
Which means I am employed!

Because there are every day chores
Which means I have a sweet home!

Because I have an education
Which means I can read the books on the shelves!

Because I have words wanting to breathe
Meaning I write poems all the time!

Because there is always something to be thankful about 
Which means you are so alive!

Author’s Note: Just a small gesture of gratitude for all that I am blessed with each day! Thank you for all the readers for the support.
©Shweta, 2019 All rights reserved!
Originally published on A Cornered Gurl

No comments:

Post a Comment

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...