Unwinding Thoughts

                                    Photo by Gabrielle Henderson on Unsplash

The sky is the same but the colours are different each day. Some days they reflect my mood some days they cheer me up with the clear blue sky filling me with enthusiasm to kick start my day & get things done, ready to conquer the world. 

While some days, it reflects a gloomy self, urging me to quit all the tasks, go up to the balcony & watch it pour & appreciate the lust foliage or inviting me to bury myself under the blanket, or on my cosy corner and read a comforting book with a hot cup of tea. 

Yes, some days I prefer to do nothing, nothing regular - no routine to follow no time schedules, no laptop, no gadgets or no chores to tend to. It's my downtime, a system reboot to rest my brain and ignoring everything else blissfully. 

In times of busy schedules, I let the words I want to write, die within me, such as a dramatic death of poems & essays I wish to write. To not write when you want is hard, it's a daunting task to ignore the inner voice inside you! 

Ask a writer how they hold on to so many words within and they will tell you some days we pretend that our minds are numb, our hearts are quiet, ignoring those voices which keep echoing within. 

Quietly we live in the circus of our life, letting the master take control when you are not in the zone, it’s better to be a silent writer between the pages of a notebook read by no one than spilling out words for the world to read & for the other times you are capable to run wild with your words & thoughts, letting the emotions carry you away, from the present & bury them in the silence of the day! 

Life happens every day for all of us. But for a writer it happens twice, once we live it & second time we cherish, reminisce & let the pen take control & write our heart out recording the events of ordinary life. As we feel is living a life a thousand times. A joy it brings us is enthralling & reading them in future is invigorating, as it brings old memories to life! 

©Shweta, 2021. All Rights Reserved.

5 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your heartfelt words, Shwe. In awe of your honesty and your compassion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your moods by seeing sky
    Great awesome.keep on writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, keep writing and bring out feelings about everything around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo heartfelt and soo well penned down🥰😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exuberance of feeling in each sentence. Lovely Miss Maria!!

    ReplyDelete

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...