So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords


Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash
It’s published.

My writing has been published.

I have only published in Medium publications, Pratilipi and my blog site so far.

This seems like the first logically step. I’m finally published in a publication site today on 10 April 2020, in Spillwords here. I’m trying not to freak out since yesterday, but honestly, it is hard, not clear your mind off something when it is something you have always wanted and it is a surreal feeling.

I woke up earlier than usual today. I was getting published at 11 am my time (IST). I could not ward off the thoughts in my head, or suppress the excitement and anxiety I was experiencing.

Dream. We all grow up dreaming – to become a teacher, an astronaut, a doctor. I secretly dreamt of being a writer for the longest time, one day, someday. It was hidden deep inside, no one had a whiff of it.

I always loved writing. For two decades I have written, in my journals and it has only been a year since I started submitting my writings to be read, to be heard and this feels like a step forward. The day has finally arrived, when the tag of being a writer, is etched deeper into my being.

I think of it as motivation, the recognition in the wider group of people, being read by more readers or the accomplishment of getting published with your name at the end of it. This only feels like the stepping stone, which was beyond reach a year ago.

I am in my twenties, and I have a long way to go, as a writer, and a person of who I am yet to become. I don’t know what life has in store for me. But I will always be a writer; it is imprinted into my soul; I feel that in my gut each time I pick up my pen. My arms involuntarily move my fingers, it pours out of me, as if my heart wishes to sing a melody day and night. It is such a chatterbox, this heart of mine and my writing, long-winded.

It dances in the form of words from the tip of the pen as if it were putting up a show, loving each tiny movement. It comes to me in a flow as a river, swiftly gliding making its way, not knowing where it is going. It means a lot to me, very divine, an inspiration on fire with everlasting flames I never want to put off. Or shall I say, it is how I see it when an artist who has embraced creativity, who truly is in love with the art of words and imagination, tiptoeing each emotion black and white, in pixelated ink?


©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first publication. Wish you many more such and bigger writings in the Forseable future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you. Keep it up. With love and 🥰❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearty congratulations dear Shweta.. Way to go girl.. All the very best.. ����

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Shweta, u deserve it, love your writing. Looking forward to more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...keep on writing Shwetha❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Shwetha! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheela congratulations Shwetha ! I am proud of you. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...