Friday Night Bites - A Flash Fiction


All of the blood is flowing thick and red in her veins, I can smell it. I can smell it in my room. It smells like a garnish. There is nothing more interesting than blood.

I wanted blood now. Right NOW!

I dive for my phone into my bag and turn it on. I need a distraction.

I get into my car, and I notice, Mrs Jane’s front door is left ajar as if she is inviting me to get close enough to see her.

To see her face freeze as the warm blood gushes into my mouth, like a hot spring.

Every single cell in my body is forcing me to put my teeth at the nape of her neck, to split her flesh, soak up her dress and staining things around.
I decided to have a closer look at my potential prey.

As I walked up to her, and get close enough to see her, I froze. Her eyes were wilder than a cheetah caught in a trap at night, shinning. There was nothing more beautiful about her.

Her feet were few inches off the ground, and blood trickled down her neck and staining her pretty laced dress. The liquid drizzled down her body like rain on a window.

©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Painted red 🔴 althrough the fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. It is nice to hear blood trickling down the body like rain on the window 👌✌

    ReplyDelete

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...