Becoming ME - A poem

Photo by Steinar Engeland on Unsplash

A few years ago
I always kept running
Running from all the problems
all that haunted me
all the negatives I was succumbing to 
all that hurt me despairingly; 
Searching for the one thing, 
that would set me free 
from all which afflicted me; 
In time, looks like 
I stumbled upon it 
giving myself time to be me 
attaining inner peace and silence 
believing in what life has made me, 
for everything I have become 
and everything I am yet to be! 

Author’s Note: Take time to and live through and accept what you have been through. Give yourself a chance to grieve and heal. Gradually, you will see a new self emerging out of the darkness and you will fall in love with yourself!

©Shweta, 2019 All rights reserved!
Originally published in A Cornered Gurl

No comments:

Post a Comment

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...