Dancing with my Shadow - A poem

Photo by Martino Pietropoli on Unsplash
                                                                  
                                                                        A guest shining in the darkness
with rays glowing as shadows


a momento to become nothing under the
starlit night or sunlight


It reincarnates and dies alongside me
Like we humans, are nothing but dust


Shadow zips up into my body
until it’s beneath my feet


I see it unfurl, walking away
once more stretching itself into the dark


It trails me, dances between the trees
as the sun flickers through it


Mirroring my actions,
Looking up at me, admiring my every move


Immaculate outline of my shape
echo of my movements


Lifetime of companion
melting into the darkness with twilight


Loopy strides, or walking at a snail pace
Darkness leading us up to the light


Dancing endlessly with my shadow
As if — I am & I am not!

©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Originally published in the publication Spiritual Tree

2 comments:

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...