Book Review - Vita & Virginia: A Double Life By Sarah Gristwood




Title: Vita & Virginia
Language: English
Genre: Historical Biography
Pages: 208
Rating: 4/5

Excerpt: Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West Fell in Love.

Vita & Virginia is an extraordinary double biography beautifully describing work, friendship and love between the prolific formidable novelists of the early 1900s. It is a real story behind the longest and most charming & admirable love letters of literature. This book is drawn from their letters and diaries to illuminate the enormity of the love the two women shared from the day they first met to the day Vita learned of Virginia’s death — a love that remained every bit alive until the end.

These women challenged and redefined conventional norms & beliefs of love, femininity, sexuality, art and politics during the Victorian era. The book is a cultural legacy of these legendary women - Virginia Wolf & Vita Sackville- West, enduring icons who put up a fight for gender equality and female liberation both in terms of love and literature.

My thoughts:
This book is very rewarding to read, I recommend you to read this book if you are a literary fan of either of the writers or want to explore an unusual encounter of a historic episode.

I think this is a book that will stay with me for a long time as it made me admire the writers and their writing more dearly, for I grew fonder of their existence.



©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This review helped me decide to buy and read this book.

    ReplyDelete

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...