Magic. I'm aboard - A unique perspective on creativity

Photo by Pierre Bamin on Unsplash

Let me talk about magic in this creative world of writing, I have devoted almost my entire lifetime.

To begin with, the idea established itself in my head while I was occupied re-reading Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Each time I read that book, I find some new thought transcending, a divine feeling towards creativity and commitment it calls for. Surreal energy making me write and motive me to continue on this path. Ideas too, have an energy and a will, to manifest, so they travel. They travel and pay visits to humans, who could manifest them as actual.

According to Ruth Stone — 
“Ideas are entering and exiting the human consciousness at whim”

I experienced an idea knocking at my door, waiting to be manifested, and left empty-handed!

Allow me to explain.

As I was scanning through Medium on a gloomy Wednesday morning, I stumbled upon a published article, an idea, which had knocked on my door about 8–9 months ago. Maybe as Liz says in the book, the idea waits only for a certain time, and if you don’t welcome it, it will find someone else to come alive.
I have believed in magic and ideas inspiring the writers or others who have set out their creative journey. But this has been the closest encounter of Magic for me!

An article, by Shaunta Grimes, also states, how important it is to stay available, letting your creative juices flowing, welcoming the ideas which need to be brought to life!

Ergo, stay put, make yourself available for ideas to come your way, build your ideas before it jumps out of your window into a new home.


©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Originally published in a Few Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...