A Cold Wintry Night - A Flash Fiction

Photo by Joël de Vriend on Unsplash

It is a cold winter night, my arms & feet frozen. Sitting by the fireplace in an old dimly lit house, my breathing hastens.

Breathing feels painful. I try breathing from my mouth, it only makes it worse. 

I soon realize, it is water.

The water is getting into my lungs and I am unable to breathe. I can hear only the bubbling sound of water. 

I am drowning. 

I try to focus on my mind to calm myself, to scream for help. Only then I feel my dog licking me perhaps to take him to a walk.

I was dreaming.


©Shweta, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...