Lost in Reverie

“You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” ―Robin Williams

clever-visuals-unsplash

Imagination! 

“Imagine” my cherished word. 

I have always loved imagining things. Even today, I imagine various story outlines or elements and think about how notions could be divergent from the regular.

That place is filled with friendly faces and peaceful charms. The atmosphere is electrifying with positive energy. I am at the verge of laughter by the end of it. All that is needed is “somewhere else” being me. I can reveal my rough edges and still be welcomed with tenderness. There are no tight muscles in my stomach, or no raised eyebrows, no interrogations or reprimanded for being there. No picking on every inflexion or any antics. Please, don’t bother me right now. I am “somewhere else, in my imaginary world".

Imagination for me has always been a fun and engaging activity. Just imagining outside the usual is so rewarding. I see it this way, we get to visualise how things could be different if a given variable changed. I grew up listening and reading a lot of stories, so I always lived a lot in my head imagining  — the stories, the characters and the entire surroundings. The feeling is magical. Over the years, I extended it to my real life.

We all live in a certain way, we have our schedule, we have our patterns. But what if we suddenly decided to change it all at once? What if we made a new choice in life? Move to a new country, change job, or a city, or even our eating habits, changing our chain of events, perhaps exactly how the COVID-19 lockdown has pushed us to our extremes? What if we imagined something different? Something… less limiting perhaps with endless possibilities.
It is usually a random series of event, and thoughts or situation, from any of our senses which crop from any stimuli — reading, talking, watching or just another event. Imagining yourself in the other person’s shoes and dreaming of yourself there.

Our mind is a fertile ground of creativity. Be it from instinct or serendipity, an open brain is alert for new possibilities, a collection of precious new seeds waiting to grow, waiting to be watered and nurtured. Imagination leading to creativity is combining what is in search of truth and discovery. Both call for freedom and a sense of emotional safety, always.

Isn’t it intriguing how we always want to expand our capabilities and challenge ourselves, cutting through all limitations or anything that chains us down? I always sensed a rebel in my heart. Perhaps, it must be our soul, which is separate from the mind, rebelling against limitations. That is why we want to change reality, or imagine different things and dwell in it, living an imaginary, creative life.

Imagination is where you live in your own world
Your desires appear as if living in a fantasy
the ‘you’ whom you want to be
the things you despair to have
Everything you want to have
or everything you don’t want to be


©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Imagination at the time of COVID _19 is unimaginable. The whole world suffered and everything changed all at once .It made us to face unimaginable problems and difficulties. Giving us strength to face the adversity successfully. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagination very well picturised. ๐Ÿ‘.
    Further more, Imagination help generate new ideas and concepts.
    Imagination makes a person more creative and resourceful.
    Also, imagination is a World where images and thoughts are nested in the mind to form a mental concept.

    ReplyDelete

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...