Book Review - Big Magic By Elizabeth Gilbert

"The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them"
                                                          

Title: Big Magic By Elizabeth Gilbert
Language: English
Genre: Self-help/Motivational
Pages: 288
Rating: 5/5

Excerpt: Creative Living Beyond Fear

The book encourages readers to pursue their passion, their inner "Magic” to live creatively, which does not necessarily mean pursuing it professionally or exclusively devoted to the career of arts, but living a life that self-motivated to feed the curiosity than by fear of self or others. It could be anything - write or act or paint, start something of your own, this book wants to help you do that. But if you want to take figure skating, or skiing or learn some new skill, this book wants to help you do that too.

Big Magic is divided into 6 sections: Courage, Enchantment, Permission, Persistence, Trust and Divinity.

Each chapter opens up sharing her experiences about how she fights her fear or draws motivation from the universe, and sustains self-belief in keeping the inner spirit alive. Gilbert encourages us to uncover the “hidden jewels” she calls magic within each of us, waiting to be discovered.

My thoughts:

A must-read for readers of all ages and walks of life. I have reread this book at least 4 times completely and many more times in parts too. I have drawn inspiration from this book and it keeps me going. The book digs deep into the consciousness of the reader to inspire one about the perspective of creativity.

Personally, this book will always be the one I will reach out for, each time I find myself in the need to be motivated or look for inspiration in my pursuit of creativity. Reading Elizabeth Gilbert's book Big Magic has never failed to comfort me. I feel happy even if it is one chapter or one section, which I need to remind myself, to follow my muse,i.e. living a creative living.


©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Good. You are active already
    The book_ Big magic by Elizabeth_ creative living beyond fear makes you more active like her.All the best search for your creativity. 💞👌🤾‍♀️🤾‍♀️

    ReplyDelete

So.....I got published as a writer in Spillwords

Photo by Marcos Paulo Prado on Unsplash It’s published. My writing has been published. I have only published in Medium publica...